Meyers Receive Montana Neighbor Award
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, March 31, 2016
Neil and Dixie Meyer of the Swan Valley received the Montana Good Neighbor Award presented by the Governor's Office. The Meyers posing with Montana Governor Steve Bullock and their award.
On the Road to Montana's Great Museums and Galleries
Montana Historical Society's Society Star, Summer 2015
A 1905 Horseback Ride to the Top of the Kootenai Mountains
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, September 22, 2016
Pinchot Journal: To Ovando and Kalispell by Stage and Steamship
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, July 14, 2016
Pinchot Journal: Disappointment at Skunk Prairie
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, June 20, 2016
Pinchot Journal: Wearing a flour sack to shoot a bear
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, May 26, 2016
Pinchot Journal: A Meal of Biscuits and Venison
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, May 12, 2016
Pinchot Journal: Sleeping under a Spruce with One Blanket to Share
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, April 28, 2016
From Cross Cut Saws to Mechanized
By Colleen Kesterson, April 28, 2016
Pinchot Journal: Great Larches and Yellow Pines
Seeley Swan Pathfinder, April 21, 2016
Gifford Pinchot Journal "Trip GP and Jack Monroe Up Swan River, June 1896" (Rewritten 4/20/1897)
Seeley Swan Pathfinder 'A Place for All', April 7, 2016
Hauling hay from Swan Lake Ranger Station up the Swan River, 1918.
1) Our organization and museum will be a welcoming place where people are drawn together to share their passion and interest in the history of the Swan Valley region of Western Montana.
2) Our organization and museum will focus primarily on the local history of the Swan Valley region for public benefit and enjoyment while maintaining connections to surrounding communities and Montana.
3) Our organization and museum will strive for sustainable facilities while retaining its traditional character.
4) Our organization and museum will create and maintain educational and research opportunities as well as exhibits pertaining to the history of the Swan Valley.
5) Our organization and museum will create permanent and enduring archives to preserve historical records and artifacts and, to the extent possible, make them available to the interested public.
6) Our organization and museum will strive to provide staff and a volunteer corps that is creative, enthusiastic, and supportive of each other, the mission, and the community.
7) Our organization and museum believes in, and will participate in, open strategic partnerships.